Last updated: September 18, 2023
What we collect and why
Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need. Here's what that means in practice:
Identity & access
When you sign up for Eduaide.Ai, we ask for identifying information such as your email address. That's so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you product updates and other essential information. We may also send you optional surveys from time to time to help us understand how you use our products and to make improvements.
We'll never sell your personal information to third parties, and we won't use your name or company in marketing statements without your permission either.
We store on our servers the content that you upload or receive or maintain in your Eduaide.Ai product accounts. This is so you can use our products as intended, for example, to create projects in Eduaide.Ai assistant. We keep this content as long as your account is active.
For most of our products, we log the full IP address used to sign up a product account and retain that for use in mitigating future spam signups or requests. We also log all account access by full IP address for security and fraud prevention purposes, and we keep this login data for as long as your product account is active.
We collect information about your browsing activity for analytics and statistical purposes such as conversion rate testing and experimenting with new product designs. This includes, for example, your browser and operating system versions, your IP address, which features you used in Eduaide.Ai and how long the pages took to load, and which website referred you to us. If you have an account and are signed in, these web analytics data are tied to your IP address and user account until your account is no longer active.
When you email Eduaide.Ai with a question or to ask for help, we keep that correspondence, including your email address, so that we have a history of past correspondence to reference if you reach out in the future. We also store information you may volunteer, for example, written responses to surveys. If you agree to a customer interview, we may ask for your permission to record the conversation for future reference or use. We will only do so with your express consent.
Student Personal Identfiable Information
We do not require, request, or encourage users to enter any student personally identifiable information when using Eduaide.Ai. If you accidentally submit personally identifiable information in any feature within Eduaide.Ai, we delete it upon discovery. You can also contact us at at https://eduaide.ai/contact or by emailing us at email@example.com if you believe you have accidentally entered personally identifiable information and we will take the appropriate steps to remove it.
Your rights with respect to your information
At Eduaide.Ai, we strive to apply the same data rights to all customers, regardless of their location. Some of these rights include:
Identity & access
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure / “To Be Forgotten”. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession and, by extension, from all of our service providers. Fulfillment of some data deletion requests may prevent you from using Eduaide.Ai services because our applications may then no longer work. In such cases, a data deletion request may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting out of sale of personal information. (Again: we never have and never will sell your personal data.)
- Right to Object. You have the right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party. If you want to export data from your accounts, you can do so directly by contacting us at at https://eduaide.ai/contact or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to not Be Subject to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right to object to and prevent any decision that could have a legal or similarly significant effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable law, or is based on your explicit consent.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We do not and will not charge you a different amount to use our products, offer you different discounts, or give you a lower level of customer service because you have exercised your data privacy rights. However, the exercise of certain rights may, by virtue of your exercising those rights, prevent you from using our Services.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and updating your account information.
If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at https://eduaide.ai/contact.
If you are in the EU or UK, you can contact your data protection authority to file a complaint or learn more about local privacy laws.
How we secure your data
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. In addition, we go to great lengths to secure your data at rest. This includes access controls on all systems and data. With regard to products, most data are not encrypted while they live in our database (since they need to be ready to send to you when you need them).
What happens when you delete content in your Eduaide.Ai accounts
In our applications, we give you the option to trash content. Anything you trash in your product accounts while they are active deleted from our database servers. Non-identifying references of the content may be held in logs for a period of time.
Location of site and data
Our products and other web properties are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, UK, or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in the United States. By using our websites or Services and/or providing us with your personal information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & Questions
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email at email@example.com or at https://eduaide.ai/contact.